You KNOW what you want, it’s so clear in your mind and the intention is there but how on earth are you going to reach your goal?
Whether it’s learning a new skill, writing a book or buying the house of your dreams, achieving our goals can sometimes feel overwhelming. So overwhelming in fact that we often feel our dream is impossible and we just give up.
So how can we stay focused and on track? Here are 5 tips to help you reach your goals:-
- Be CLEAR on what you want – being clear of your goal helps you to see it in your mind, helps it to stick.
- Write it down– there’s something about the written word, seeing it written down helps it to feel real.
- Ask yourself “what do I need to do to get what I want”? – Asking yourself why and how will help you to find direction and new ideas will start to come into your mind … don’t forget to write them down.
- Read all about it – look it up, research, make notes, look at photos.
- Shout it out – tell your friends, anyone who’ll listen AND accept their support and encouragement.
“Taking one small step everyday will take you closer to your goal.”
Once you start focusing on what you want you’ll find that opportunities will start to present themselves. Articles will suddenly pop up in your inbox, you’ll notice relevant books you can read, and new people will come into your life offering you advice and insight. You will gain momentum.
Have you ever noticed how when you have a desire for something, for example a particular type of car or a certain breed of dog, they suddenly appear everywhere? …. and I mean EVERYWHERE. I’m seeing a lot of cute dachshunds at the moment!!
Before long you’ll soon begin to believe that your goal IS possible.
So remember to take one small step every day and new opportunities will come your way … you can do anything you put your mind to, anything is possible.