I first bought essential oils from a health food store many years ago purely for their nice smell! At the time, I didn’t know about the physical and emotional health benefits they can offer so soon lost interest and shoved them to the back of the cupboard!
Then last year a lovely friend introduced me to doTERRA Essential Oils after having a huge positive experience while using them to support a chronic health issue.
I must admit as soon as I opened my first bottle, I fell in love and wanted to learn all there is to know about them … and that is when my journey began with these beautiful oils and I haven’t looked back since.
I have personally experienced the most amazing physical and emotional health benefits, from relieving feelings of anxiety and stress to soothing muscle aches and pains … and all naturally without added chemicals. They are now part of my daily routine!
If you are interested in oils too, click here to receive a FREE eBook – Essential Oils for Beginners – which is available as a PDF or Audio download.
So what are essential oils?
- Essential Oils are natural aromatic compounds found in seeds, bark, stems, roots, leaves, flowers and other parts of plants.
- If you have enjoyed the sweet scent of a rose or rubbed a peppermint leaf between your fingers for that familiar fresh minty smell, you have experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils.
Here’s a photo of a peppermint leaf:
- As well as having a lovely aroma, essential oils protect plants from environmental threats in the same way that our white blood cells protect us from infection and disease.
- Essential oils contain hundreds of different compounds and are carefully extracted and distilled providing many therapeutic health benefits. They work with the body at a cellular level and are 50-70 times more powerful than herbs so they pack a punch!
- They are considered to be very safe with few side effects if used as directed. However it’s worth knowing that not all essential oils are equal and some oils that you can buy over-the-counter may have synthetics fillers added to them.
Why I love doTERRA
- DoTERRA sources all of their oils from where the plant originates which ensures purity and efficacy.
- DoTERRA works together with farmers and small-scale growers from over 40 countries (more than half of which are under-developed countries) creating partnerships, and improving income and living standards.
- DoTERRA Essential Oils are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) and are rigorously tested for standards of purity and potency. The oils are free from fillers or artificial ingredients and contaminants, pesticides or chemical residues.
You can find out further information HERE.
How to use Essential Oils
There are three methods of using essential oils:-
Essential oils can be diffused or inhaled and can be very stimulating, calming or soothing. Diffusing essential oils can also cleanse and purify the air.
Essential oils can be safely applied directly to the skin for massage or topical therapy. Using a carrier oil can increase absorption and decrease possible skin sensitivity. Remember to NOT apply oils directly to eyes, inside the ear canal or sensitive areas. If accidental contact is made, dilute with an oil rather than water (using water will increase the discomfort). Use a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut Oil or any oil from your cupboard will do!
Certain oils can be added to recipes or consumed as dietary supplements for targeted wellness. Please ensure only CPTG oils are used for internal use.
Having natural solutions on hand to support our health and wellness has been life changing and I’ll be forever grateful.
- To purchase these amazing oils please click here.
- Remember to get your FREE eBook here.
- If you would like my personal help and support, please contact me HERE.
See you soon!