I first bought essential oils from a health food store many years ago purely for
the nice smell! I didn’t appreciate the physical and emotional health benefits they offered at the time and didn’t use them for long. Then last year a friend introduced me to doTERRA after having a positive experience with their oils. I also resonated with the oils and have experienced both physical and emotional health benefits. I’ve used them every day since and I’ll be forever grateful.
So what are Essential Oils?
- Essential Oils are natural aromatic compounds found in seeds, bark, stems, roots, leaves, flowers and other parts of plants.
- If you have enjoyed the sweet scent of a rose or rubbed a peppermint leaf between your fingers for that familiar fresh minty smell, you have experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils.
Here’s a photo of a peppermint leaf:
- As well as having a lovely aroma, essential oils protect plants from environmental threats in the same way that our white blood cells protect us from infection and disease.
- Essential oils contain hundreds of different compounds and are carefully extracted and distilled providing many therapeutic health benefits. They work with the body at a cellular level and are 50-70 times more powerful than herbs so they pack a punch!
- They are considered to be very safe with few side effects if used as directed, however not all essential oils are equal and some oils available have synthetics and fillers added to them.
Why I love doTERRA
- DoTERRA sources all of their oils from where the plant originates which ensures purity and efficacy.
- DoTERRA collaborates with farmers and small-scale growers from over 40 countries (more than half of which are under-developed countries) creating partnerships, and improving income and living standards.
- DoTERRA Essential Oils are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) and are rigorously tested for standards of purity and potency. The oils are free from fillers or artificial ingredients and contaminants, pesticides or chemical residues.
Click HERE for more info.
How to use Essential Oils
There are three methods of using essential oils:-
Essential oils can be diffused or inhaled and can be very stimulating, calming or soothing. Diffusing essential oils can also cleanse and purify the air.
Essential oils can be safely applied directly to the skin for massage or topical therapy. Using a carrier oil can increase absorption and decrease possible skin sensitivity. Remember to NOT apply oils directly to eyes, inside the ear canal or sensitive areas. If accidental contact is made, dilute with an oil rather than water (using water will increase the discomfort). Use a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut Oil or any oil from your cupboard will do!
Certain oils can be added to recipes or consumed as dietary supplements for targeted wellness. Please ensure only CPTG oils are used for internal use.
Having natural solutions on hand to support our health and wellness has been life changing.
If you would like to learn more about essential oils, please contact me HERE.
To get these amazing oils into your home please click here and I will help you on your way.