Lavender is definitely a must have oil in my book because of its wonderful calming and relaxing properties … and it smells divine!
It has many uses so it’s an oil I always carry around with me.
In ancient times the Romans and Egyptians used Lavender for relaxation purposes, as a perfume and for bathing too. They also used to use it in their cooking.
One of the main constituents of Lavender is linalool which helps to release sad and anxious feelings when they arise.
Here are 5 ways to use Lavender Essential Oil:
- Add one or two drops to your pillow at night to aid restful sleep.
- Dilute with a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to the bottom of your feet for calming benefits.
- Apply diluted to grazes, bites and stings to help ease discomfort.
- Add a few drops of oil to a handful of Epsom Salts in your bath for a relaxing soak after a long day.
- Mix a few drops with water in a glass spray bottle and use to freshen the air (toxin free).
Did you know that it takes 35 pounds of Lavender flowers to produce just one 15 ml bottle of doTERRA Lavender essential oil?
If you would love to experience the health benefits of essential oils, please follow my quick and easy guide on how to start your journey HERE.
For information and my support please contact me here.
See you soon!